Thursday, July 28, 2011

Homemade Lasagna

I FINALLY made lasagna! I have been wanting to for years and finally took the time to do it. I used my families spaghetti sauce recipe that I had put up in one of my first postings.First I laid out all my ingredients. Its much easier that way. I chopped up my whole onion and added it to the ground beef after the meat browned.
The sauce is all finished - I added onion, fresh minced garlic, can of tomatoes, 2 cans of tomato sauce, and sprinkle in as much salt, pepper, oregano, and basil as you would like.
In bottom of pan spray with cooking spray. Put a layer of sauce first. Then layer of noodles, then layer of ricotta cheese (which is mixed with mozzarella cheese and 2 eggs), then another layer of sauce, and repeat all. Add mozzarella cheese on the very top. Cover with tin foil before putting in the oven.


Have oven preheated to 375 and cook for 50-60 minutes.

It turned out good. My hubby approved I am proud that I was able to make this dish finally. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment