Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

My mom taught me this recipe for chicken enchiladas. I used fresh chicken and left it in the crockpot so I could shred it off of the bone. In the past I have used canned chicken. I thought this tasted better.
First off you need:

3-4lbs of shredded Monterrey jack cheese
2lbs of shredded chicken
1 diced up onion
1can of mild Enchilada sauce (or depending how spicy you want it)
1 little can of diced green chilies
Packages of corn tortillas
I soak my tortillas in the bowl of half of the enchilada sauce then I fill them with the mixture (chicken, onion, cheese, chilies)
I rolled them all up as tight as I can get them. I cover the top with the leftover enchilada sauce and the leftover cheese to try to cover the entire top. I usually add a little can of sliced black olives on top of the cheese.

Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Add sour cream for extra flavor and to cool down the spiciness.

No comments:

Post a Comment