Friday, November 4, 2011

Dinner rolls from scratch


my attempt to dinner rolls

I used:
3 1/2 cups of all purpose white flour
1/4 c sugar
1/4 butter - softened
1 tsp salt
1 package of yeast
1/2 c very warm water
1/2c very warm milk
1 egg

(the recipe is from the Red Betty Crocker cookbook)
After kneading the dough I sprayed the pans and made them into balls. Let them rise and them bake on 375 degrees for 12 plus minutes
SO THIS WAS AN EXPERIMENT because I Haven't made yeast rolls in ALONG time! I didn't like them. They weren't soft, they weren't fluffy, and only one pan rose and the other pan didn't. They were too dense. I will have to try again.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny! I love this blog. I started a similar venture when I got married to keep me motivated to cook more. You can check it out here:

    http://mangoesandlemons.blogspot.com/

    -Catherine (Parker) Fishback

    ReplyDelete